Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Getting situated in Brisbane

The coffee is brewing and a new day is slowly beginning in Brisbane. It feels a bit strange not have to look ahead anymore, this is where I will stay for a while. The trip over from Fiji was a mixed bag filled with sailing conditions from every part of the spectrum. After a hard night with no sleep we navigated the entrance to Moreton Bay in heavy headwinds with some big waves. The conditions changed to the better when we got close to Manly where we checked in. I really liked the Manly area, so maybe I will keep my boat there in the future. The marinas here are very nice and they make it easy to be liveaboard. Scarborough Marina, where Maiken is situated right now is also very nice, so I will be here at least until I know more about my future here. They have great shellfish here and the shrimp trawlers are coming back into the docks close to Maiken every morning with the good stuff. I had to learn to drive on the wrong (left) side of the road yesterday, with Jenny looking a bit tense at times. I will write some more soon when I have sorted out an address and phone number for me, so you will have a chance to get in contact with me in the future. I have got a lot of positive feedback from having this blog, so I am considering starting another one about my new life here in Australia. If you have been a regular reader on this blog please let me know if you are interested in the new blog, write to yacht-maiken@hotmail.com or fredrikfransson@yahoo.com. I will post pictures later today or tomorrow, so please check back.


Take care,

Fredrik

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be moving to Gympie which is near Brisbane. My soon to be Wife is there and I will be coming over in late April. I'm in the USA now and would love to meet you. I'm an AVID sailor and would crew for you ANYTIME. I have little Blue water time and much inland time under sail. PLEASE contact me at Unbelizeablecat22@yahoo.com if you feel so inclined. Your trip is something most of us sailors could only DREAM of...Thanks so much for shareing it.. Mark Emerson

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home