Friday, June 09, 2006

The passage - boat pictures

Here are some pictures of the boat. First an interior view, showing some facilities at our hands. Small but cozy! Then the large external freshwater tank that ruptured. But we could rescue most of the water for showers. A picture of the plate holding the wind vane turning blocks after two emergency repairs underway. This one was reinforced twice, with wire and epoxy. You can have a lot of fun with epoxy! The wind vane did a great job though. Here you see it in action. Steering is fun, but only for a limited time. On the following pictures Fredrik is delivering a bolt inside the boom, mending the Genoa and preparing the fly the Swedish flag at our arrival at Hiva Oa.








2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great seeing these pictures. My name is Mary Ann and I live in the East Village of New York City. I would love to be where you guys are. It's wonderful to read your experiences. I love the ocean and to snorkel. Keep sending these excerpts and pictures. It helps me get out this existence even for a little while.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Canadian geologist and was amazed at the pictures of the new isle. Then I decided to look up the Maiken online and have spent a wonderful day reading about your adventures. It is extremely cold here and as I have just returned from the Carribean I am reliving my time spent in the sea.Thank you for all the marvelous photos.I wish I could have the experiences you have had.Now the pacific isles are beckoning.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home